The Private Academic Library Network of Indiana (PALNI) seeks applicants for four System Leaders for its PALSave: PALNI Affordable Learning program. The PALSave team will work across PALNI in support of open and affordable learning.
The System Leaders will:
- Attend the Open Textbook Network Summer Institute (OTNSI) July 23-27, 2018 in Minnesota to gain open education strategies under OTN’s Train-the-Trainer model. Registration, travel, and accommodations are provided
- Act as PALNI’s ambassadors to the Open Textbook Network (OTN) community of practice
- Serve on the administration team for PALSave. As a team:
- Work with the PALNI Scholarly Communications Director to design and implement programming to collaborate with librarians, instructional designers, and faculty in support of open access textbook adoptions and use of library content in the classroom
- Develop and train campus leaders across PALNI
- Partner with campus leaders to facilitate and support faculty-focused workshops throughout Indiana
- Implement elements of the program plan identified by the PALNI Affordable Education Initiatives Task Force
- Advocate for open and affordable education
- Have opportunities for additional training and/or conference attendance to advance affordable learning across PALNI institutions
The selected System Leaders mus:
- Have support from their home institution for the time commitment to serve
- Be able to travel to an out-of-state intensive Open Textbook Network Summer Institute (OTNSI) from July 23 – 27, 2018
- Make travel arrangements to attend the OTNSI the week of June 4, 2018 and submit receipts for reimbursement
- Be able to travel within the state about three times per semester in Fall 2018 and Spring 2019
- Have strong organization and communication skills
- Have a keen interest in open education
Preferred candidates will have experience, knowledge, and interest in one or more of the following:
- Open access and open education
- Faculty outreach
- Curriculum design
- Library instruction
- Creative Commons licensing
Total time commitment will be in the range of ten hours per month. Funds for travel will be provided.
Please submit a brief personal statement (no more than 500 words) that describes why you are interested in the PALSave System Leader opportunity, along with a current curriculum vitae by May 25 to Amanda Hurford, PALNI Scholarly Communications Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Librarians, instructional designers, faculty, and others with a direct connection to affordable education at a PALNI-supported institution are invited to apply. Notification of those selected will be made by June 1, 2018.
For more information, including other opportunities to get involved in PALSave, should be directed to: Amanda Hurford, PALNI Scholarly Communications Director at email@example.com. Subscribe to project updates at https://palsave.palni.org/subscribe/.