Recently, select members of PALNI institutions virtually attended the OLC Accelerate Conference. Notes from attended sessions have been compiled and are ready to be shared. We hope you find the notes to be useful, and the Instructional Technology Steering Committee will be reviewing key takeaways to determine if additional action items should be documented for our work.
For those interested in participating in the future, look for information next year to register to virtually attend.
View session notes by following this document link.
The PALNI Instructional Technology Steering Group will again coordinate virtual attendance opportunities for the OLC Accelerate conference. The Online Learning Consortium (OLC) offers this Accelerate conference for those interested in driving quality online learning, advancing best practice guidance and accelerating innovation in learning for academic leaders, educators, librarians, instructional designers, information technologists, administrators, and online learning professionals. A sampling of program topics this year include:
- Best practices in online learning, student engagement, and online pedagogy
- Accessibility compliance
- Instructional design and design thinking
- Tech tool integration
Here are the details needed to participate:
- WHO: Through the group registration, PALNI is able to provide one registration per campus. This includes librarians, instructional designers, information technologists, and/or anyone else with interest. A few additional or any unused registrations will be offered to steering or task force participants in addition to the one registration available per institution.
- WHEN: Registration requests should be made by November 2nd and multiple registrations for a single institution will be on a first-come basis. The conference begins Wednesday, November 14 (1:00pm start) – Friday, November 16 (12:30pm end).
- REGISTRATION: Those interested should register at THIS LINK to receive official attendance and connection information.
- POST-CONFERENCE: Those who attend should be present at a post-conference webinar (date TBD). Our hope is to be able to provide key takeaways that our task forces can be including and addressing in their work.
Please help us spread the word about this FREE, but valuable opportunity. If you have any questions, feel free to contact Rebecca Johnson [email@example.com] or Noah Brubaker [firstname.lastname@example.org].