On behalf of the PALSave Team for the Private Academic Library Network of Indiana (PALNI), you are invited to attend PALSave’s Open Textbook Network Workshop. This PALSave Team assists twenty-four member libraries by providing ongoing support for the PALSave: PALNI Affordable Learning program. PALSave is our initiative to improve student success and retention by supporting the use of course materials that are free to students.
PALNI campuses are affiliate members of the Open Textbook Network (OTN) through this initiative, and this workshop with OTN’s leadership will guide attendees to learn about developing successful Open Educational Resource (OER) programs on your campus.
The workshop is Monday, March 18, 2019 at Indiana Wesleyan University North Campus.
Please review the image invite and feel free to email email@example.com for more information about the workshop or our program. We hope you can join!
Registration is now open for the in-person PALSave workshop with expert representatives from the Open Textbook Network. This event will be held Monday, November 5th, from 9am – 4pm at Indiana Wesleyan University North Indianapolis Campus.
Those who should plan to attend include the primary PALSave contacts, as well as librarians, instructional designers, faculty OER champions, library directors, or campus administrators who will be working with the PALSave Admin Team to move PALNI Affordable Learning forward.
Our speakers will cover:
- Developing successful programs on your campus
- Strategies for addressing common challenges
- Tools and resources
- Faculty workshop preview and logistics
We hope you can join us. Register today!
Registration Link: https://tiny.cc/PALNI-OTN
PALNI recently joined the Open Textbook Network (OTN) in order to further its initiatives for affordable education and student success across the state. OTN maintains the Open Textbook Library, and is well known for helping organizations to advance the use of open textbooks and practices on their campuses. They’ve had great success with their initiative: OTN members have saved their students over 8.5 million dollars!
To read more about this partnership and hear more about our new PALSave Team, navigate to the news release here: https://palsave.palni.org/palni-joins-the-open-textbook-network/
The Private Academic Library Network of Indiana (PALNI) seeks applicants for four System Leaders for its PALSave: PALNI Affordable Learning program. The PALSave team will work across PALNI in support of open and affordable learning.
The System Leaders will:
- Attend the Open Textbook Network Summer Institute (OTNSI) July 23-27, 2018 in Minnesota to gain open education strategies under OTN’s Train-the-Trainer model. Registration, travel, and accommodations are provided
- Act as PALNI’s ambassadors to the Open Textbook Network (OTN) community of practice
- Serve on the administration team for PALSave. As a team:
- Work with the PALNI Scholarly Communications Director to design and implement programming to collaborate with librarians, instructional designers, and faculty in support of open access textbook adoptions and use of library content in the classroom
- Develop and train campus leaders across PALNI
- Partner with campus leaders to facilitate and support faculty-focused workshops throughout Indiana
- Implement elements of the program plan identified by the PALNI Affordable Education Initiatives Task Force
- Advocate for open and affordable education
- Have opportunities for additional training and/or conference attendance to advance affordable learning across PALNI institutions
The selected System Leaders mus:
- Have support from their home institution for the time commitment to serve
- Be able to travel to an out-of-state intensive Open Textbook Network Summer Institute (OTNSI) from July 23 – 27, 2018
- Make travel arrangements to attend the OTNSI the week of June 4, 2018 and submit receipts for reimbursement
- Be able to travel within the state about three times per semester in Fall 2018 and Spring 2019
- Have strong organization and communication skills
- Have a keen interest in open education
Preferred candidates will have experience, knowledge, and interest in one or more of the following:
- Open access and open education
- Faculty outreach
- Curriculum design
- Library instruction
- Creative Commons licensing
Total time commitment will be in the range of ten hours per month. Funds for travel will be provided.
Please submit a brief personal statement (no more than 500 words) that describes why you are interested in the PALSave System Leader opportunity, along with a current curriculum vitae by May 25 to Amanda Hurford, PALNI Scholarly Communications Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Librarians, instructional designers, faculty, and others with a direct connection to affordable education at a PALNI-supported institution are invited to apply. Notification of those selected will be made by June 1, 2018.
For more information, including other opportunities to get involved in PALSave, should be directed to: Amanda Hurford, PALNI Scholarly Communications Director at email@example.com. Subscribe to project updates at https://palsave.palni.org/subscribe/.